Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Cool of the Day

Cool of the Day - 2.5 x 3.5 - Oil on Panel

Click Here to Purchase

Tiny one here! It's ACEO size, 2.5 x 3.5 inches. It looks adorable on those little wooden easels sold at craft stores. I had painted this many months ago, but something just wasn't right with it, so I put it away for a while. With fresh eyes, I could see how my value patterns were off and with a little sanding and retouching I love how it turned out. The one difficult thing was that it is painted on Ampersand Encaustic Board, which is sold in this size. The surface is wonderful to work on, but it is incredibly absorbent, so it took about 3 coats of retouch varnish to make it look like a normal oil painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment