Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Monday, July 29, 2013

Summers Veil - Plein Air

Summers Veil - 6x6 - Oil on Panel

Click Here to Bid

It's that time of year again, distant wildfires are sending their smoke up our way to create a really interesting haze toward the end of the day. Aside from the adrenaline and hazard pay I think the thing I miss most about fighting wildfires is the astounding sunsets they always bring. The best I can do now is enjoy the unique lighting and the memories the smell brings back!

This was painted en plein air along the Columbia River, looking to the west to Rattlesnake Mountain.

1 comment:

  1. I think this painting is gentle and beautiful. I love the simplicity with which you paint. Nice strokes.

    ReplyDelete