Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Monday, August 8, 2016

Pacific Shore

Pacific Shore - 5x7 - Oil on Linen Panel

Does it have the big distinctive rocks of Cannon Beach? No. Does it have the sunny warm days of a California beach? No. Are there dead crabs and jellyfish everywhere? Yes. But if there's any stretch of beach that feels like home it would be the Long Beach Peninsula in southwestern Washington. My family has been having annual reunions there for longer than I've been alive; from all corners of the Northwest and beyond we take over the small town of Ocean Park, Washington. My husband and I enjoy the good company AND overcast relief from Eastern Washington summers! I love the challenge of painting the ocean every year, it's such a huge change of subject matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment