Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Thursday, December 6, 2012

White Bluffs Winter - Columbia River Basin Painting

White Bluffs Winter - Landscape - 6x6 - Oil on Panel

Click to purchase

I had a great time this week painting out at my favorite hike in the Tri-Cities area, the White Bluffs. The study didn't turn out so well, but it informed this little piece I did later in the studio!

Today I took a little road trip to Hood River, OR, to drop in on Cathleen Rehfeld's still life class. This was my very first time working in still life, and it turns out to be much harder than the pros make it look! But Cathleen is a great instructor, and a lot of the observational skills are very transferable to landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment