Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Across Minnewanka

Across Minnewanka - 6x8 - Oil on Linen Panel
Click Here to BidI hate to admit this, but my file of reference photos seemed to stop speaking to me the past couple weeks. It happens, I guess! But I so badly felt like I *should* paint something from them that I kept trying. Nope! If there's no spark, there's no painting, or at least not one worth keeping!

So I went back to my old trusty block-breaking go-to: Google Maps. I finally came across this stunning scene on Lake Minnewanka (and how can you NOT want to paint a spot with that name?) near Banff, Canada. Now there's somewhere I need to visit someday!

I think after I paint enough pine trees my inner desert rat will come out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment