Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Fork in the Bow

Fork in the Bow - 6x8 - Oil on Linen Panel
Click Here to BidI'm not really sure why the title entertains me as much as it does. This is a fork in the Bow River of Canada, I guess having two tool names is amusing? Or maybe because the two words, bow and fork, indicate very different paths for a river? It makes me happy to say out loud, and that's all the justification I need!

Of course, I do need to be careful with things that entertain me without my being able to put a finger on why. My somewhat sheltered upbringing lends itself to unintentional innuendo. =)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie, I always love your work.

    I noticed that you signed up for Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge. I'm one of the challenge artists too. Isn't it exciting she's doing it again?

    If you want to limber up for it, I'm currently running a less stressful ART PARTY over at my blog. You can post any painting that fits the theme, any day till December 24th. Each daily link is open for posting for 24 hours. If you don't want to post you can have fun voting for your favourites.

    Sign up with instructions is here
    http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.ca/2013/11/gifts-and-decorations-art-party-begins.html

    Once you register you can post your work any day here
    http://paintamasterpiece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete