Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Mandarin with Leaves - 30 in 30, Day 4

Mandarin with Leaves - Oil on Gessobord - 6x6
Click to Bid
I saw this big bag of mandarins with leaves still on them at the grocery store. Now those of you who live in areas that grow citrus fruit probably don't think twice about it, but I realized that for me, citrus just materialize in the fruit isle, I'd never thought about one growing on a tree! So I had to buy them, of course. And the leaves had such an interesting shape they were perfect for painting!

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely. Mandarins with leaves are very fresh! Lucky you! I got the urge to paint some citrus too. They make me feel warmer inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, now I feel lucky! They were very good. =) Citrus is definitely fun to paint! Thank you for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Good for you doing this challenge, Melanie! This one's especially nice, I think. Wishing you and yours blessings in 2014!

    ReplyDelete