Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Friday, July 20, 2012

Golden Valley - Landscape Painting by Melanie Thompson

Golden Valley • 6x6 • oil on Panel

Sold

I think I have found the secret to painting a good landscape: Be watching "Into The Wild" at the same time. Not sure if that will work everytime, but it sure did for this little gem! The burning desire to get out of the house must have given the landscape a little extra sparkle.

There won't be a new painting tomorrow, I'll be in Edmonds, WA (who am I fooling? I'm from the east side, it's all Seattle to me) painting en plein air for Plein Air Edmonds with Gallery North. So exciting! I'm looking forward to some fresh new scenery, hopefully some of my studies will turn out well and pop up here!

I am hoping to take some pictures of my three paintings that are hanging in the Carpenter House Museum in Cle Elum for the High Country Artist's Fresh Air Festival. They will be hanging only for a week, so if you are interested be sure to pay them a visit! The museum is located in a renovated hundred plus year old home, it is absolutely stunning. Even if you can't visit this week, swing by next time you're going through Cle Elum; it's well worth the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment