Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Sunday, November 11, 2012

McNary Twilight - Eastern Washington Landscape Painting

McNary Twilight - 6x6 - Oil on Gessobord - Landscape

Click here to Bid!

I have a really bad indulgence. It's driving. I love to drive on solo road trips as long as I can get away with! One great excuse I have is that "I'm looking for new painting spots," and that is half true. The other half is that I want to sing at the top of my lungs while watching the landscape fly by! Anyway, one result of my habit is that I found a new portion of the McNary National Wildlife Refuge in Burbank, WA, that I had never seen before! Not that it was particularly hidden, I had just never taken the road to the trail head before. The light was beginning to fade, but I was still able to catch the shifting reflections along the Columbia River and the soft shadows on the hills.

Wow! It's been a while since I've updated. Fear not, I've been plugging away in my studio, intensely focused on a few larger pieces, and exploring the State Parks here in Eastern Washington for the Plein Air Painters of Washington show in 2013 celebrating the Washington State park System's 100th birthday! Here are a couple shots from my adventures:

Field Springs State Park

Painting at Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park


Sun Lakes-Dry Falls State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment