Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Teanaway Ridge - Cle Elum Landscape Painting

Teanaway Ridge - 8x8 - Landscape

Click Here to Purchase

After Peoh Point, the most interesting geologic feature near Cle Elum is in my opinion Teanaway Ridge. I love it's distinctive red basalt, littered with geodes and agates from what I've heard, and it's camel like humped ridge line.

I recently finished a large 24" x 36" painting (see it below), and let me tell you, switching gears and painting the little gems was hard! I started to feel almost claustrophobic. So to ease my tension a little bit, I bumped up my size to 8x8, and felt like I had more room to breathe. After the 8x8, the 6x8 and 6x6s came more readily off the brush. All I needed was a little transition I guess!


2 comments:

  1. Both are very nice. Solid work on the sketch.
    But the larger piece is beginning to have its own unique voice and sense of place. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete