Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Cowboy Trail I - Canadian Landscape Painting Oil by Melanie Thompson

Cowboy Trail I - 6x6 - Oil on Panel - Landscape

Sold

I don't like being all cooped up all day, and gas prices limit how often we can take long road trips. My new coping method is taking tours through Google Maps! Here in the states most areas are still at low quality, but most of I-5, Canada, and Alaska are shot in HD, VERY impressive scenery. I can't wait until Google re-shoots Yellowstone or Yosemite in such high quality.

This spot is somewhere along the Cowboy Trail in Canada, I have two more in the works as well. Someday I'd like to visit and paint it in person!

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just discovered your blog! Love this one! The clouds are so luminous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathleen! I've been admiring your work for a while, I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete