Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Friday, June 29, 2012

Ochoco Color Study - Original Oregon Landscape Painting

Ochoco Color Study - 6x6 - Oil on Canvas panel - Landscape

Sold


I'm having some MAJOR issues with a large painting of this scene, so I'm creating smaller studies to test some of the color/composition ideas I've had.

This scene is somewhere in the Ochoco Mountains of eastern Oregon. On our way home from a trip to the John Day Fossil Beds my husband and I programmed the GPS to take us home, and followed the course it told us to. I've been looking and looking at maps trying to figure out where exactly it took us, because the route made NO sense at all. We didn't realize that, of course, until we were at the summit of the Ochoco range on a US Forest Service road, seeing traces of snow and thinking "Wouldn't 395 have been faster?" But I did catch a glimpse of this great little stream, and here it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment