Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Crab Creek in Purple - Original Landscape Oil Painting by Melanie Thompson


Sold


OK, those Canadian landscapes got just a bit too sunny and green! Let's cool down a little bit, here's an overcast day along Crab Creek, a beautiful little wildlife area just north of the Tri-Cities. The hills in the distance were a bit tricky, we have pillars of basalt everywhere around here, and it's dark tone can be really hard to capture for me! Crab Creek is where I first tried to paint in plein air, it was a disaster! I tried to paint a sunset, never having painted outside before. Not  only was I inexperienced, but I tried to paint one of the fastest changing subjects around. Lesson learned, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment