Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Follow the Fence Line - Oil painting

Follow the Fence Line - Oil on Linen Panel - 5x7 

Click to Bid

There's something magical about the way a snowstorm simplifies a landscape. What was a tangle of native bunchgrass and cheat grass suddenly becomes only a white and yellow pattern, dotted with red willows and the wandering fencle lines. And of course, while driving through this magical scene I could enjoy it properly because my husband was handling the icy roads!

5 comments:

  1. I like the simplicity of this painting.Efficient and evocative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say the same thing...I love the simplicity of your compositions/colors--pure essence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! So happy to have discovered your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, beautiful colours and a great composition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! The snow storm made the atmosphere so peaceful, I loved the simplicity of the landscape. But only because I didn't have to drive in it!

    ReplyDelete