Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Owens Valley Cottonwood I

Owens Valley Cottonwood I - Oil on Linen Panel - 5x7
OK! I think I got the grey snowy paintings out of my system, now onto a new series! I've been virtually driving through Owens Valley on Google Maps and really love the way the trees stand against the mountains and the sky. I decided I could use some dedicated tree studying, so I'll be doing a series of these cottonwoods for the next little while!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful color harmony and composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful landscape !! Please keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing that you find such great subjects virtually! Awesome color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much everyone! It's amazing how many great places you can explore on the computer. =)

    ReplyDelete