Small paintings from the Inland Northwest and beyond    |  H o m e    |   W e b s i t e

Monday, January 5, 2015

In the Trees

In the Trees - Oil on linen panel - 5x7

Click to Bid

I've been going through photos taken over the past couple months and found a series that really grabbed me. They were taken outside of Pendleton, Oregon, near and on Cabbage Hill, also called Deadmans Pass. While the pass was named for a group of emigrants killed by natives while traveling the area, the name is also fitting because of how dangerous the road is during the winter; Cabbage was notoriously treacherous even when traveled by wagon as part of the Oregon Trail.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed seeing some of your work here. That is the fun part about the little thumbnails that take us on an adventure during the challenge. I hope to be back to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joan! I agree, I love the variety of art you can find during the 30 Day Challenge.

      Delete